What settings for the Android emulator will closely simulate the characteristics of the Galaxy Nexus as possible?
You can very well go through the procedures available below to simulate the characteristics of NEXUS,
- Target: Google APIs – API Level 15
- Skin: Built-in WXGA720
Selecting skin sets the following hardware parameters, leave them as-is:
- Hardware Back/Home: no
- Abstracted LCD density: 320
- Keyboard lid support: no
- Max VM application heap size: 48
- Device ram size: 1024
Galaxy Nexus has no SD card, just internal memory. Distinction between internal and external storage is important and can affect apps. To simulate this:
- add SD Card support=no parameter;
- launch emulator with –partition-size 1024 for 1GB internal memory, or use some other means to increase amount of internal memory available;
If you’re working on camera apps, you’ll also want to set correct number of cameras, and correct resolution.