This error occurred to me too. I tried to update my SDK version using my SDK manager previous day and when I tried to use my eclipse after the api got downloaded, it threw the error. This android sdk requires adt version 21.1.0 or above error in eclipse. Please update your ADT to 21.1.0 for SDK 21.1.0. If you try to run your project ignoring this error, you will get an error saying your projects are found to have errors. But it would have run perfectly before updating. Below is the preferences window showing error Android SDK requires ADT 21.1.0 or above. Please update ADT. The solution for this problem is simple and is given below.
Preferences –> Android Window:
Projects in Project explorer:
In such cases the simple thing search for the required ADT 21.1.0 in my case (Previous version – 21.0.0) and install the plug-in to your eclipse. To do so, follow the below steps,
- Go to Help –> Install software
- Click on Add at the right top
- Give your ADT plug-in name and the URL location for it in the add repository window.
- You can download the ADT version you want as a zip file.
- Then click on Archive in the add repository window and browse your zip file and give it. Mention your adt plug-in name as well.
- Now click on OK. Window as shown below appears below.
- Select Developer plugins option and click on Next to calculate your dependencies.
- Accept the agreement and click on finish to install plug-in successfully. Once this is over, eclipse will prompt to restart it.
- Click on OK to restart.
- Now your SDK preferences are retained as it was before without error. Now the projects are available without error.