Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 installation scenarios are not supported
The following SharePoint Server 2013 installation scenarios are not supported:
- You try to install SharePoint Server 2013 on a drive that is formatted by using Resilient File System (ReFS). In this scenario, the installation fails, and the following error message is logged in the Setup log file:
var>datetime:: Catalyst file system check failed: The path root D:\ is not NTFS datetime:: Showing message Title: ‘Setup Warning’, Message: ‘The install location must be on a drive formatted with NTFS. Select another drive.’ datetime:: Message returned: 1
- You install SharePoint Server 2013 in a workgroup.
- You install SharePoint Server 2013 on a domain controller. This scenario is supported only for development configurations and not for production configurations.
- You install SharePoint Server 2013 on Windows Web Server.
- You install SharePoint Server 2013 on a virtual machine (VM) that uses Dynamic Memory. For more information about best practice configurations for SharePoint Server 2013 and virtual machines, go to the following Microsoft TechNet website: